Careers at Food Conspiracy
Pathways to a Career at Food Conspiracy
“Food Conspiracy Co-op believes in the vibrancy, competency, and intuition of its Staff.”
These are among the first words in The Conspiracy Way, the framework for our Staff Policy and Employment Manual. When you become Staff at Food Conspiracy you are welcome here for as little or as long as you are inspired to be a part of our mission: to open pathways to healthy food for every person… and to be the best place to work in Tucson!
You can build a career at Food Conspiracy whether you are drawn to food production and preparation, organic food and wholistic wellness, the science of nutrition, words and stories, or the power of cooperatives in our society’s future.
Email completed applications, with cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
We are currently hiring for all Departments!
Food Conspiracy Co-op is looking for:
- Staffing in all Departments
- Full time (32-40 hours/week)
- Desire for long-term employment at Food Conspiracy Co-op
- Interest in providing the full Customer Experience
- Temperament and character for hard work, team work, sometimes repetitive work, sometimes multi-tasking; cleaning and organizing, and always important work
- Temperament and character for communicating openly, seeking solutions, a positive outlook, ongoing learning, serving others through food and wellness
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion… or openness to learn!
- Excitement about food, cooking, farming, health and wellness, herbs and supplements, food as medicine, food as justice, food systems, delicious food, organic and local food
- BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, women…. we are committed to on-going practice and study as an anti-oppression organization!
- Experience in retail, food, cooking, service… or an expressed commitment to learn
- Experience working with diverse communities with a range of life experiences
Food Conspiracy is:
- A Cooperative, practicing since 1971 on 4th Avenue in Tucson, AZ
- A full-service grocery, wellness, and kitchen
- Committed to anti-oppression work, practice, and study
- On Tohono O’odham and Yoeme ancestral lands; committed to stewarding this land
- Under construction for the East Entrance Expansion Project!
- Democratically run: Owners have a voice and a vote, and share in profits
- Committed to the vibrant identities, voices, and gifts of our Staff
- A career path!
Food Conspiracy offers:
- A career path
- Full benefits package, starting wage of $15/hr, PTO and PST, 15% off at the register
- An equity share worth $180
- A voice in Monthly Board Meetings
- A voice in Staff Perspectives Meetings
- A retail cooperative business committed to alternative ways of selling food and wellness; and feeding our community
- An environment of healthy, whole, organic, local, vibrant food, products, and education
- A chance to be part of a new chapter in the 52 years as a business cooperative: an expanded store with integrated campus, more flow, more creativity, more accessibility; more chances to serve our community, nurture our partnerships, steward the land
- The chance to work at renowned and beloved Food Conspiracy Co-op!
Fill out an application and email, along with your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Or stop by the store to fill out an application and leave, along with your resume and cover letter, with any Cashier.